Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Taxes and Psychology

Sometimes I go away to remote ski condos and realize, wow, I am off the grid. How am I going to talk to the person I need to interview for this article?

Luckily, some people are so excited to be in the paper that they are more than understanding and flexible with their own schedules and against all odds, I turn in the article ahead of deadline.

Such was the case with local psychologist Amy Wood. I only wish I didn't work a half hour outside of town. Because her upcoming lunch series sounds like something I could really get into.

Kennebunk psychologist, author, offers fresh approach to success - 1/6/11

Some other times my car breaks down and I realize that somehow I am going to have to get to that school board meeting I agreed to cover three weeks ago, and the next thing I know, I am curled up in one of the town hall's comfy chairs, snacking on a bagel and reading a book for the hour and a half before the meeting starts because that's when my ride could get me there.

Luckily I'm reading a really good book.

Lucky also that I am genuinely interested in learning more about all of the upcoming RSU 21 related votes. I like being an informed taxpayer. And I like shooting the evil eye at the cynics in the crowd who scoff at upcoming expenses. FYI: don't sit next to me if you're going to "pffft!" every time someone talks numbers.

RSU 21 chairman urges towns to stay in district - 1/6/11

Of course, I am speaking as the daughter of two public school educators.

Cynic, your taxes have paid for my whole life. What do you have to say now?

No comments:

Post a Comment