Sunday, February 6, 2011

Family Dinner Series Week Twelve

Family Dinner Series Week Twelve was another epic night with multiple guests.

I mean, sure, Gilbert Hoss boycotted the event for reasons not worth discussing. And sure, I did have to leave him a voicemail explaining that messages left with Uncle Bud never make it to me, and if he plans to boycott again, please call me directly. Preferably before I pick up the "Family Size" package of chicken.

But even without him, our table was full.

My friend Jesse joined us again... again bringing a new wine to try. Also in attendance were Dan, Katherine, and lovely baby girl Hailey, for one last visit as a family of three before becoming a family of four.

Apparently I've only ever made eleven dinners successfully in my life because by Family Dinner Series Week Twelve I was completely out of ideas. So I did what anyone would do. I went to allrecipes.com and I looked up "chicken".

Yeah. That results in about a million recipes. But I managed to choose one.

For appetizers we had hot pepper and cream cheese dip with crackers. For dinner, I made honey mustard chicken with bacon, roasted vegetables, and more clearance priced Stovetop stuffing.

The meal was a success. And Jesse bonded up right with Dan's adorable little family.

But with no one "Hoss-ing" me from across the table, something was missing.

Conclusion? Gilbert Hoss's absence may not have left a real hole in our menu, but it did leave a real hole in our Family Dinner shaped hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment