Thursday, February 4, 2010

"10 Points Sure!"

My favorite class in college was Creative Nonfiction. My favorite assignment within that class? Writing an adventure narrative. So when my editor at the Coast Star gave me the green light to write such a narrative for the paper, I was beyond excited.

I think part of the reason I love writing adventure narratives so much, is that I'm not the kind of girl to take your typical adventures. I don't rock climb, ski, or jump out of planes. My adventures include coaching a hormonal swim team and interviewing local business people.

This time the adventure was attending a local trivia night.

What is ... trivia night - 2/4/10

Let's face it. With my tendency to stick my foot in my mouth and drive my car off the road... everything I do is a bit of an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment