Friday, February 19, 2010

Five W's

I am currently writing some stories for the news section of the paper, and ohmygod is it hard. Ok, it's not hard... it's just....... not the features section. And as a girl who has written exclusively for feature sections, music websites, blogs, alternative weeklies, and style magazines for the past four years, I find myself a bit challenged.

I mean, I can't even speak without a sarcastic slant, let alone write!

Luckily I am working with an incredible editor who has taken extra time out of her day to explain step by step (literally!) what exactly is wrong with what I have submitted thus far, and how to correct it. Because she understands that I know how to write... I just literally forgot how to write straight news.

Links to follow... if I succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment