Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Family Dinner Series Weeks One and Two

Uncle Bud and I, along with Bud's best friend, have started a new tradition over here at the barn where we gather together on Tuesday nights for Family Dinner. Bud gives me twenty bucks and mans the grill. Bud's best friend brings over a kielbasa, triscuits, and humus. I plan a menu, grocery shop, cook the meal, clean the house in preparation for guests, and take care of the general cleanup afterwards.

The definition of "Family" is "an even distribution of responsibility" after all......

For Family Dinner Week One, we invited Frazz and Adam for a delicious feast of Thai Peanut Noodle Salad and a mix of Beef and Chicken Kabobs, marinated in a Soy Ginger Sauce.

Conclusion? Delicious!

For Family Dinner Week Two, we invited one of Bud's coworkers who shall, for public school working reasons, remain nameless.

[Side note: Bud's Best Friend has also chosen to remain nameless (some people are not as keen as I on having their lives published on the Interwebs), but he has yet to choose his alias. And so, Bud's Best Friend, you are from this point forward to be called "Alias". Until you put down that Xbox controller and think of something more creative.]

Anyway, for Family Dinner Week Two, I prepared a Red Bliss Potato Salad with Peas, Green Peppers, Red Onion, and a Honey Dijon Vinaigrette, along with Turkey Burgers Stuffed with Blue Cheese and Bacon, topped with Spinach and Tomato. FROM SCRATCH.

Conclusion? I made three red-meat eating boys LOVE turkey burgers!

Not, bad, kids. Not bad at all.

The Family Dinner Series fits in with two of the goals on my Mission: Life List, which I will share more about soon. Those goals?

1. Cook more adventurously.

2. Eat more adventurously.

Care for some photographic evidence?



Week Two's ingrediants! I went shopping with a $40 budget, and spent $49. Not terrible.



Turkey burgers in progress! My first time working with ground meat, and I stuffed it! High five, me!


Cooked to perfection on the grill. Way to rule your role, Uncle Bud. Nice work to you too, Alias.



Hey! Boys! Want to be on the blog!?

Guess not.

Stay tuned as the Family Dinner Series continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment